Friday, March 25, 2005

Sabbath and other laws

Those are just a few of the laws God has given to us in his holy Word. The question is, "What are we supposed to do with them? Does God expect us to obey all of them? Did you sin by trimming your beard this morning? Is it an abomination to God that I'm wearing a shirt with a blend of cotton and some other fabric? Will you be in trouble with more than just your parents when you come home with a brand new tattoo on your skin? If all these commands are written in the Bible, don't we have to obey them?"

This is an excerpt from a sermon I found actually from an evangelical lutheran church. It is a very interesting sermon that uses good verses to verify the information presented.
Click on the link here to view the sermon:
http://www.mountoliveappleton.com/sermons/20030622.html

This helps to explain my viewpoint a lot.

1 comment:

Rick Northup said...

Thank You, Beth for continuing to post on this site. I don't get to it as often as I would like to, but when I have the time, I am richly blessed. I enjoyed reading this Sermon, although I do not altogether agree with what he subscribes to.