Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Prayer

2 Chronicles 7:14-16
"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble
themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their
wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their
sins and heal their land. I will listen to every prayer made
in this place, for I have chosen this Temple and set it apart
to be my home forever. My eyes and my heart will always
be here." NLT

This is so important to this generation right now. We need
to be on our knees in prayer, for marriage, for separation
of church and state, for our President now and in the future.
We need to be praying that we in our lives are where we are
supposed to be, and most importantly of all, listen to God
for a response! He will talk to you! I used to think, "I'm not
important, God won't talk to me, little old me in this rinky
dink town out in the middle of nowhere. How is God going
to use me?" But I tell ya' he's using me, in ways I don't even
know sometimes. And he wants to use you too! Listen to Him
in the morning when you're brushing your teeth and hair
for the day. Listen to him when you're driving to work, stuck
in traffic. Don't sit there in your car wishing you were there
already, be glad for the few moments you have to pray by
yourself and listen to God. Communicate with Him, we were
created so that God would have someone to talk to. Talk to God!!
Part of talking to someone and carrying on a conversation is
listening to what the other person has to say back. God wants
us to know Him, He wants to know us intimately, not just to be
an acquaintance.
Dictionary.com defines acquaintance as this:
Knowledge of a person acquired by a relationship less intimate
than friendship.
Do we want to be less than a friend to God, our Father? NO!!
We want to be more than a friend, we want to be intimate
with Him and He wants to be with us. So start today.
Open that dust covered Bible just sitting on your night stand.
Dig into God's Holy Word and find out who he really is and
what he wants for you today.
I'll leave you today with one last verse to ponder.
John 14:12-14
"The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same
works I have done, and even greater works, because I am
going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my
name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings
glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it!"

2 comments:

Rick Northup said...

I think this passage from John is one of the most ignored in the Bible. Everybody has read it but few believe it. Many will say that the age of miracles is past. I believe this means today, you and I can do greater works than Jesus did during His Ministry because He has gone to be with His Father, just like it says in this scripture. Thank You Beth for reminding us of the powerful and Living Word of God.

Beth said...

I think you're right Rick. A lot of people don't believe this passage is really true. It happens to be one of my favorites that I never new the reference to until about a year ago. I'll talk a little more about it today if I can get time to type for alittle while, this morning hopefully.
Beth