Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Truth

John 14:12-14"The truth is, anyone who believes in me
will do the same works I have done, and even greater
works, because I am going to be with the Father. You
can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because
the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask
anything in my name, and I will do it!"

Rick stated to me that he believes most people don't
adhere to(or accept) this passage to be true. I agree
with him, and you can see evidence of that in our
churches today. Think about what works Jesus did
while he was on earth. He healed every disease, every
sickness, every infirmity. What did he tell the disciples
when they came to him after not being able to heal
someone? He told them they didn't have enough faith.
If you only believe. We have the power given to us to
heal the sick, to raise the dead! When we ask Jesus into
our hearts we also ask his power into us. We then have
the same power that he had to heal people, and to raise
the dead. Now most people aren't going to believe me
when I tell them they have the power to raise the dead.
But it is true!! Jesus said so! You will do greater things
than even I have done, he said. If you truly believe and
don't doubt, see that's the key, people start thinking
I'm not good enough for this healing stuff, I'm not worthy
of that kind of power. But when we accepted Jesus into
our hearts and asked him to make us new again, he
washed away all those not good enoughs and made us
worthy. We are worthy to use the power given us to help
people as it aligns with the Word. Jesus said that we
can ask for anything in His name and He will do it, because
the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. That means
when we heal the sick in Jesus name it brings glory to
the Father. We as the church of God need to be doing this.
We need to believe what Jesus said and use that power
that He gave to us and heal people. GO raise the dead!

2 comments:

Rick Northup said...

Amen and Amen. Jesus said, "Oh Ye of little Faith..." Our problem is lack of Faith. There are a lot of convictions out there and we get into a lot of arguments over various issues because of our supposed convictions, yet there is no real conviction. If only we really believed what we purport to believe, what Power would be unleashed.

Beth said...

so true...
so many of us including me are quick to say what needs done but slow to do it ourselves, we need to judge ourselves first so that when the judgement of the LORD is upon us we will be judged the way we judge ourselves, hopefully that will be justly and with due grace.