Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Scripture Reading

Psalm 91
1.Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2.This I declare of the LORD:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
for he is my God, and I am trusting him.
3.For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from the fatal plague.
4.He will shield you with his wings.
He will shelter you with his feathers.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5.Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor fear the dangers of the day.
6.nor dread the plague that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7.Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.
8.But you will see it with your eyes;
you will see how the wicked are punished.
9.If you make the LORD your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
10.no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your dwelling.
11.For he orders his angels to protect
you wherever you go.
12.They will hold you with their hands
to keep you from striking your foot on a stone.
13.You will trample down lions and
poisonous snakes;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents
under your feet!
14.The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
15.When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue them and honor them.
16.I will satisfy them with a long life
and give them my salvation."
I should have stated in here to begin with that this is taken directly from the New Living Translation(NLT) Bible and all future scripture verses will most likely be the same.

4 comments:

NorthRock said...

You are really donig some writing here wow...

uhhm I don't understand why you can't get the invite to work, i have sent it twice now..hmm are you clicking on the accept invitation link that it gives you?

Beth said...

I clicked on the link given and it says it's expired or already used.
Beth

Rick Northup said...

Beth and Larry. I think I deleted out the first invitation and sent a second. You are probably responding to the first Invite I sent.

Also, Beth, for some reason your link points to the XML format. That does not come through on my Browser. If I delete that off it works fine. Do I need to activate something in my Browser Settings??

Thanks for the Inspiration.

Beth said...

Rick,
I'm not sure why it is so.
I think I just copied the link from the browser address bar and stuck it in there. I will see if I can fix that.
Beth